Code of Ethics
(Adapted from T.C.I.A.)
Tree Care Industry Association recognizes that the manner in which members' conduct business reflects upon the professionalism of the entire tree care industry and the arboriculture profession. Therefore, upon acceptance into membership, TCIA requests that members abide by the Arborist Pledge and the TCIA Code of Ethics in word, action, and within the spirit of integrity, which is at the core of these principles.
Members of Tree Care Industry Association assume a responsibility to the profession, society and their peers by pledging to uphold and abide by the following:
- Arborists have the responsibility to provide professional care of trees for current and future generations. We pledge to be advocates and practitioners of the highest arboricultural standards and practices.
- Since arboriculture is an ever-changing science, we pledge to educate ourselves, our constituents, and our clients in the most current research and practices available to the industry.
- We pledge to conduct ourselves and businesses in an honest and dignified manner, reflecting our adherence to the laws that govern us locally, nationally and internationally. We will endeavor to grow our work force through training and employee development.
- We agree that the arboriculture profession is extremely high profile in public perception. We pledge to look and act professional so as to reflect a positive image for the green industry, and promote our profession.
- We agree that safety, training and education are of the utmost importance in maintaining a professional workforce. We pledge to provide for the safety and training of employees to ensure a healthy work environment.
- We pledge to respect the views, ideas and contributions of our peers. Open and honest communications, sharing of ideas and experiences has been a cornerstone of TCIA membership, fostering goodwill between companies. We pledge to continue this tradition.
- As members of TCIA, we believe that active participation on committees and Boards, and serving in other areas of leadership is extremely important to keeping a healthy, diverse association.
© 2004 Tree Care Industry Association. All Rights Reserved.
We use Angie's List to assess whether we're doing a good job keeping valued customers like you happy. Please visit AngiesList.com to grade our quality of work and customer service.
1700 S Johnson Rd
New Berlin, WI 53146
Mequon, WI 53092-4507